Am sure you might have had this bitter experience of waking up on a beautiful morning only to feel your face to notice a painful red pop-up. Acne is one of the most annoying and prevalent skin diseases that can make one cancel important even events.
Let’s get to understand how acne is formed and home remedies to clear acne overnight
How Acne is Formed
Acne is also known as acne Vulgaris; it is a long term skin disease that occurs due to a number of factors.
Acne is mostly found on your face, neck, chest, back and shoulders; this is because there are more oil glands in the skin of these areas. The oil glands in the skin excrete oil substance called Sebum which lubricates your skin to make it glowing.
When your body produces an excess amount of sebum and dead skin cells due to hormonal changes which can occur during puberty and pregnancy. This excess sebum and dead skin can block the hair follicles on your skin and form a soft plug which can provide a favourable environment for bacteria to thrive. With time, the clogged hair follicles get infected and result in inflammation, this will cause pop-ups on the skin surface and form pimples.
Other Causes of Acne
Stress: This can have a toll on your skin, that is why your skin glows during vacation than when at work. All you need to know about stress management
Eating a balanced diet plays a fundamental role in maintaining skin health. Foods such as high Carbohydrate products, diary and deep-fried food can worsen or promote acne.
See how fruit and vegetables can promote good skin health.
This is just one thing that you really don’t have any control over. If you have a family history of skin acne, chances are you might have them too.
What are the Symptoms of Acne
The signs and symptoms acne vary depending on the severity of your condition:
• Whitehead- Closed plugged pores
• Blackheads- Open plugged pores
Small red, tender bumps
• Pimples – papules with pus at their tips
• Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin
• Painful, pus-filled lumps beneath the surface of the skin.
Do Not Pop Your Pimples!
Pimple is a major symptom of acne. Popping pimples may seem to be the quickest way to make the red spots on our skin disappear. But it can permanently damage your skin! When you squeeze a pimple, you’re actually forcing the oil substance and dead skin cells deeper into the follicle. The extra pressure exerted will make the follicle wall rupture, and spill the infected materials into the innermost part of our skin. This skin damage will lead to the loss of tissue and finally cause acne scars.
Let’s look at Home remedies to clear Acne Overnight.
Home Remedies to Clear Acne Overnight
Steam can be helpful for treating acne because it helps to open up the pores, which prevents them from being clogged. Steam also moisturizes and detoxifies your skin.
– Boil a small pot of water and pour it into a bowl
– Add herbs or essential oils into the water
– Drape a towel over your head and hold your head over the water for around 10 minutes
– Close your eyes and breath deeply
– Use a mask to pull the impurities from the pores on your face.
2. Apply Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera has a soothing effect on the skin. It reduces the inflammation of pimples and removes the oiliness from your skin.
Apart from buying aloe vera gel from organic markets and drug stores, you can also make your own one.
– Cut an aloe vera leaf into a section about 8″ long.
– Turn your blade to its side and slide it just under the skin to get the flesh.
– Cut the flesh into 2 or 3 pieces and place in a clean bowl.
– Put the flesh into your blender and blend it smooth.
– Keep the smooth gel in your refrigerator.
– Place or rub the aloe vera gel on the surface of the affected skin.
3. Use of Toothpaste
Toothpaste is a good option if you have an enormous pimple that you want to take care of quickly. It is effective because it contains silica, which is the same substance that can be found in bags of beef jerky to keep moisture out. As such, toothpaste has been known to dry out and reduce the size of pimples overnight. Simply apply some to the affected area before sleep and wash it off in the morning.
Garlic is fantastic for fighting acne due to its high levels of antioxidants, as well as its’ anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties.
There are two ways you can use garlic to clear up acne.
– The first is a preventative measure, which is simply by adding more garlic to your diet. This helps your general health as well as purifies your blood, which can help to stop future breakouts.
– For more immediate results, take a peeled clove of garlic and rub it on the troubled area several times a day. If your skin is sensitive, try crushing the garlic and mixing it with some water.
Cucumber works as an anti-inflammatory, which is why people use cucumber slices to combat puffy eyes. They work just as well for pimples and will help to reduce the angry redness of them. You can make a cucumber face mask for instant effects.
– Peel one-half of a cucumber and chop it into pieces
– Toss the pieces into a blender
– Add 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel
– Add 1/2 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– Apply the mixture on your skin and leave it for 10-15 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water.
6. Egg White Mask
Egg whites are effective in removing pimples and scars formed by pimples. They contain vitamins and amino acids that help rebuild the skin cells.
– Separate 3 egg whites from their yolks
Whisk the egg whites for 3 minutes
– Apply the egg whites to the affected area with your fingertips
– Wait for the egg whites to dry and then repeat the whole process for 4 times
– Leave the mask on your face for 20 minutes
– Rinse the mask off and apply skin moisturizer afterwards.
7. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a well-known natural remedy for pimples. Its antiseptic properties make it effective in destroying bacteria in the affected area. Also, baking soda has a restorative function as it stimulates the growth of new skin cells.
– Mix equal portions of baking soda and water to form a thick paste
– Apply the paste on your skin for 30 minutes
– Rinse it off with warm water
8. Avocado oil
Avocado oil is rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and oleic acid, minerals and vitamins A, C, D, and E. It’s can be applied on your skin to enhance smooth skin and fights off free radicals. It’s also an excellent source of enrichment of dry, damaged or chapped skin.
Honey is a natural antibiotic which makes it perfect for healing and reducing pimples. As an added bonus, its stickiness helps to remove excess dirt and impurities from your skin. You can utilize honey by making a simple mask.
– Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon and two tablespoons of natural honey
– Rinse your face and pat it dry
– Apply the paste to the blemishes and leave it there overnight.
Acne is a common problem with a number of underlying causes. The home remedies listed in this article may not work for everyone, but they just might be worth a try. Always consult your dermatologist in case of severe acne.
I know you learnt a lot! remember to share with friends!